B-1H Lancer - Battlefield short text messaging system - Deployable observer and radio transmission drone - Firefighting airship - Gunslingers - Hoverbike Championship - Japanese globe-trotting restaurant - Made in Tibet - Military sensor kit - Ohi Hybrid Power Plant - PCI card to Nokia smartphones - Secured infrastructure for the print media - Self-driving range extender trailer - Space Range - Star Wars Championship - Tactical puck - Take-off supporting drone - The fate of the Iranian people - Tokyo International Food Court - Urban retail home delivery - Water supply of deep space missions
Deployable observer and radio transmission drone
Nowadays, warfare is based on communication capabilities that make the use of specialized ability units possible in coordinated ways, and among other things, gathering information for decision making. So drones with observational and communication capabilities have become a significant part of modern warfare.
This type of drone would basically be a remote-controlled electric helicopter, which could be launched from below an aircraft wing, thanks to its foldable structure, for example using the universal underwing pylon of the C-130 Hercules.
This kind of drone would work on the ground, the helicopter mode should only be for deploying.
Simplified structural diagram:
2. The upper main part of the body would include the communication and control subunits, the radios, the GPS receiver, the flight control computer, etc.
3. Each main part of the body would be covered with highly efficient solar panels, which could produce enough energy to keep the observation and communication equipment running continuously round-the-clock.
4. Optical and infrared cameras in a head unit which could rotate in all directions.
5. Telescopic structure to lift the head unit up to several meters. Thus, the field of vision can be dramatically increased.
6. Fixing and damping mechanism for the landing skids.
7. Electric wrist assemblies for lowering the landing skids.
8. Landing skids for the landing and for the stable horizontal positioning on the ground.
9. In terms of width and length, the size of the landing skids would be aligned to the lower main part of the body of the drone, since originally it would be folded.
10. Between the lower and upper main part of the body of the drone would be a connecting element, which also serving as a rotor. This rotor is driven by an electric motor.
11. Electric wrist assemblies for lowering two rotor blades.
12. Rotor blades. The rotor blades would not be only used in flying, but after the drone is on the ground, placing them in vertical pose the rotor blades could operate as separate wind turbine blades, helping to recharge the batteries.
13. In terms of width and length, the size of the rotor blades would be aligned to the upper main part of the body of the drone, since originally it would be folded.
14. Between the upper main part of the body of the drone and the telescopic structure would be a connecting element serving also as a rotor. This rotor would be rotated in the opposite direction by another electric motor.
15. Electric wrist assemblies for lifting two rotor blades.
16. Rotor blades.
17. The drone would have four rotor blades in total, two of them movable downwards, two of them movable upwards for the helicopter mode to be switched on.
Operation of the drones:
These drones can be deployed on higher urban buildings or hilltops, along major roads or smuggler paths, in a designated borderline, around a military camp, etc.
Since the drones can be launched from aircrafts, they can be deployed quickly in large areas at large numbers. And in case of not needing them any more, the soldiers do not have to go to collect them individually, because if their batteries are fully recharged, the drones can fly to a nearby secured collection point.
These drones would be particularly suitable for improving radio communication in operational areas, also observing and marking targets, while reducing the risk of unexpected surprises, such as enemy reinforcement.
dátum: February 19, 2020