B-1H Lancer - Battlefield short text messaging system - Deployable observer and radio transmission drone - Firefighting airship - Gunslingers - Hoverbike Championship - Japanese globe-trotting restaurant - Made in Tibet - Military sensor kit - Ohi Hybrid Power Plant - PCI card to Nokia smartphones - Secured infrastructure for the print media - Self-driving range extender trailer - Space Range - Star Wars Championship - Tactical puck - Take-off supporting drone - The fate of the Iranian people - Tokyo International Food Court - Urban retail home delivery - Water supply of deep space missions
Nowadays, warfare is based on communication capabilities that make the use of specialized ability units possible in coordinated ways, and among other things, gathering information for decision making. So drones with observational and communication capabilities have become a significant part of modern warfare.
This type of drone would basically be a remote-controlled electric helicopter, which could be launched from below an aircraft wing, thanks to its foldable structure, for example using the universal underwing pylon of the C-130 Hercules.
This kind of drone would work on the ground, the helicopter mode should only be for deploying.
Simplified structural diagram:
2. The upper main part of the body would include the communication and control subunits, the radios, the GPS receiver, the flight control computer, etc.
3. Each main part of the body would be covered with highly efficient solar panels, which could produce enough energy to keep the observation and communication equipment running continuously round-the-clock.
4. Optical and infrared cameras in a head unit which could rotate in all directions.
5. Telescopic structure to lift the head unit up to several meters. Thus, the field of vision can be dramatically increased.
6. Fixing and damping mechanism for the landing skids.
7. Electric wrist assemblies for lowering the landing skids.
8. Landing skids for the landing and for the stable horizontal positioning on the ground.
9. In terms of width and length, the size of the landing skids would be aligned to the lower main part of the body of the drone, since originally it would be folded.
10. Between the lower and upper main part of the body of the drone would be a connecting element, which also serving as a rotor. This rotor is driven by an electric motor.
11. Electric wrist assemblies for lowering two rotor blades.
12. Rotor blades. The rotor blades would not be only used in flying, but after the drone is on the ground, placing them in vertical pose the rotor blades could operate as separate wind turbine blades, helping to recharge the batteries.
13. In terms of width and length, the size of the rotor blades would be aligned to the upper main part of the body of the drone, since originally it would be folded.
14. Between the upper main part of the body of the drone and the telescopic structure would be a connecting element serving also as a rotor. This rotor would be rotated in the opposite direction by another electric motor.
15. Electric wrist assemblies for lifting two rotor blades.
16. Rotor blades.
17. The drone would have four rotor blades in total, two of them movable downwards, two of them movable upwards for the helicopter mode to be switched on.
Operation of the drones:
These drones can be deployed on higher urban buildings or hilltops, along major roads or smuggler paths, in a designated borderline, around a military camp, etc.
Since the drones can be launched from aircrafts, they can be deployed quickly in large areas at large numbers. And in case of not needing them any more, the soldiers do not have to go to collect them individually, because if their batteries are fully recharged, the drones can fly to a nearby secured collection point.
These drones would be particularly suitable for improving radio communication in operational areas, also observing and marking targets, while reducing the risk of unexpected surprises, such as enemy reinforcement.
dátum: February 19, 2020
There are tens of thousands of indoor and outdoor shooting ranges in the world, where shooting is practiced on a wide range of targets, but I think it would be worth using smart targets to expand the training possibilities further.
The Gunslingers would be a separate app that anyone could install on a smartphone. The app could connect to this smart target, making it possible to play a game in an Old West gunfight. The player must defeat ten gunslingers in the game, who would become more and more difficult opponents.
Simplified structural diagram of the smart target:
2. Two pairs of light curtain sensors would be integrated into the frame, which sensitivity would be adjusted to the size of the projectiles. One of the sensor pairs would be vertically embedded, so when a projectile crosses one of the light beams, the height of the hit can be stated.
3. The other pair of sensors would be horizontally embedded, so the location of the hit can be precisely specified in millimeters from the data obtained by the two sensor pairs.
4. Pedestal for placement. If it is equipped on a remote controlled electric vehicle, which could always rotate the smart target in the direction of the shooter, it would be ideal training with moving targets.
5. Roof structure, which would also serve as a protection against weather in outdoor shooting ranges.
On the front of the roof a LED light line would be embedded which would be perfectly visible even in strong sunshine. This LED light line could help in many ways, for example, green light and red light to indicate whether the shooters could shoot freely or not.
Multiple types of traditional targets, such as paper, cardboard or even sheet metal could be attached to the smart target. For example, the metal rod of a paper roll could be attached to the bottom of the roof. So the targeting can also be done to the graphical targets, and a LED lamp would be embedded at the bottom of the roof to illuminate the attached traditional target. This LED lamp can light up in multiple colors, so if the shooters overcame a target, then it could also be signaled this way.
A communication device and a smartphone-sized computer would be integrated in the roof, which would be controlling the smart target, and would allow continuous data connection between the smart target and the player's own smartphone via Wi-Fi.
6. Emulator to imitate the shots of the opponent. The emulator would be a device that could be used only with blank cartridges, and for safety reasons it could only fire towards the ground. The simplest version of the emulator would use blank pistol cartridges, which could be loaded from a larger capacity magazine.
7. A high brightness rating projector capable of projecting an image or video on the traditional target attached to the smart target. Thus, a wide range of targets could be projected on a white paper or a white painted metal plate.
Operation of the smart target:
The projector would project the video of the current opponent onto a white cardboard, which is attached to the smart target. The player would stand face to face with the smart target and wait for the signal, which could be for example a bell sound, or the opponent's move when he reaches for his pistol. The signal would always come randomly, avoiding the possibility of cheating.
After the signal is done the player and the projected virtual opponent would open fire. Obviously, the player would use an Old West style pistol and the video of the opponent's would change based on the player's hits. That is, if the player's hits miss the opponent or just are not perfect, the virtual opponent can shoot several times. Each time when the opponent shot, the emulator of the smart target would use a blank cartridge to imitate the shot.
The app would calculate the hits caused by the virtual opponent, among other things, based on his skill level, and would report the results to the player. If the player wins in the gunfight, he could move on to the next, stronger opponent.
Thanks to the app's versatile development capabilities and the universal use of the smart target, the challenge for the players could be kept with continuously updated newer game modes and opponents.
And meanwhile, it could raise the interest of ordinary people for shooting ranges.
dátum: February 09, 2020
At residential areas without an unlimited supply of water to extinguish fire, or at unoccupied areas without proper infrastructure, extinguishing extensive bush and forest fire is often an unsolvable task, because the opportunities of the delivery of the extinguishing material to the target location are always limited, independently of the number of the available tanker trucks or firefighting aircrafts.
The modern version of the legendary, ocean liner-sized Graf Zeppelin filled with helium instead of hydrogen would also be capable of transporting extinguishing material, because its payload capacity is similar to firefighting aircrafts. However, because of its significantly lower airspeed, it would be able to carry out turns too slowly.
Nevertheless, the airships’ ability of hovering at one place makes the on-the-spot creation of the extinguishing material possible instead of transporting those to the fires.
This new type of firefighting airship, which could have the length of three hundred meters, would have the shape of a pipe instead of the shape of a cigar, so that continuous airflow would be possible through the air channel in the middle of the airship, which can be up to fifty meters wide. Since the airship does not need the ability to carry payload, and could be controlled only remotely with a ground-based controller, the structural design of the helium containing balloons is not so limited. Because of this, the pipe shape of the airship could be achieved by joining a dozen ring-shaped helium balloons.
Every ring-shaped helium balloon would have a separate pressure-proof container, in which some of the helium can be stored in compressed form. Because of this, the lifting power of the front and rear part of the airship could be altered independently and differently. Owing to this, when the airship is above the fire, it could change from horizontal flying to vertical flying without the continuous usage of the numerous external turboprop engines installed on the airship’s fuselage. Consequently, the fuel consumption of the airship can be minimalized, because the rotatable turboprop engines would only have to balance the power of the wind, keeping the airship at a given place.
In case of vertical flying, due to the differences in atmospheric pressure and temperature, like in a solar updraft tower, the air will flow in the air channel, which runs through in the fuselage of the airship along its length. This will make continuous energy production possible with one or more turbines installed in the air channel.
On the surface of the fuselage of the airship, a strip of solar panels would be installed along its length. By rotating the airship in case of vertical flying, these solar panels would follow the Sun’s movement, making extra energy production possible during daytime.
Although the efficiency of the energy production, compared to an almost one kilometer high solar tower equipped with a greenhouse, would be only a fraction, but the produced energy would be enough to make water from the air with a high performance atmospheric water generator. Implicitly, the airship would use the continuously produced water to extinguish fire, releasing that as rain above the fire.
Although this type of firefighting airship will not make the quick and efficient extinguishing of extensive bush and forest fires possible, but it will allow that by constantly watering a smaller area or a designated borderline, the fire would avoid certain places, making the survival of the fleeing people easier.
dátum: February 03, 2020